CNST Nanotechnology Workshop 2016
May 5-6, 2016
Poster Display Information
Posters are invited from graduate students, postdocs, faculty, relevant departments, local tech community, and industry. General themes include Nanoelectronics, Nanophotonics, Nanomaterials, Nanomanufacturing, Nanomedicine, and Bionanotechnology.
Poster Session A: Thursday, May 5, 10:30 am-12:45 pm in ECEB Atrium
Poster Session B: Friday, May 6, 8:30-9:30 am in ECEB Atrium
3002 Electrical and Computer Engineering Building (ECEB)
306 N. Wright St.
Urbana, IL 61801
All posters should be put up on Thursday, May 5, between 8:00-9:30 a.m. and taken down on Friday, May 6 from 9:30 am-1:00 p.m. We will recycle posters left after 1:00 p.m. on Friday, May 6.
Each poster should have a representative on hand to explain the research on Thursday, May 5 from 10:00 a.m.-12:45 p.m and Friday, May 6 from 8:30-9:30 am. Posters should remain on display at least through Friday, May 6 at 9:30 a.m..
Maximum display area: 4 feet x 4 feet. Easels and mounting supplies will be available at the registration table.
All poster titles should be submitted through the workshop registration website by Monday, May 2. Late registrations will be accepted on a limited basis.
Posters will be judged for awards. Award recipients will be announced and recognized at the concluding session on May 6 from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
Include the following on each poster:
For questions and clarifications please call 217-244-1353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Poster Winners
#1: Wenjia Zhou: Monolithic, Widely Tunable Quantum Cascade Laser Source
#2: Yue Zhuo: Quantitative Measurement of Cellular Adhesion Using Photonic Crystal Enhanced Microscopy
#3: Aaron Schwartz-Duval: Towards a Cell-Level Personalization of Nanomedicine: Pathology Dependent In Situ Reduction of Gold Nanoparticles by Action of Mammalian Cells
Honorable Mention: Guru Vulugundam
#1: Jui-Nung Liu: Narrowband Fano-Resonant Photonic Crystal Microresonators for Mid-Infrared Chemical Imaging
#2: Wen Huang: S-RuM Nanotechnology for Compact and High Performance RFIC/MMIC
#3: Jeong Dong Kim: Metal-Assisted Chemical Etching of Semiconductor Nanostructures and Applications
Honorable Mention: Zainab Rahil: Substrate Stiffness Modulates the Mechanical Tension Required for Integrin Activation
2015 Poster Presenters
2015 Poster Winners
#1: Phuong Le: Dynamic, Single-Molecule Imaging of the Breast Cancer Microenvironment of Metastasis
#2: Enrique Daza: A Nanotechnology Approach for Efficient Crude Oil Spill Treatment via Entrapment, Dispersal, and Removal using Carboscavenger
#3: Bara Saadah, Kareem Al-Qadi: DDSCAT Spectroscopy of Various Metal Nanostructures
Honorable Mention: Rachel Hatano: Cardiomyocytes from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells: Towards the Fabrication of a Cardiac Patch
Honorable Mention: Matthew Leslie: Oncogenic RAS Modulates Glutamine’s Contribution to Mitochondrial Redox Homeostasis
#1: Yue Zhuo: Dynamic Label-free Live-Cell Imaging With Photonic Crystal Enhanced Microscopy (PCEM)
#2: Santosh Misra: Pro-Nifuroxazide-NPs for Cancer Specific Trigerable Anti-cancer Therapy via STAT-3 Pathway
#3: Ritu Raman: Optogenetic Skeletal Muscle Powered 3D Printed Biological Machines
Honorable Mention: Zainab Rahil: Studying Cell Adhesion Using DNA Nanotechnology
Honorable Mention: Claire McGhee: Developing Cancer Biomarker Assay Using DNA Functionalized Gold Nanorod PC-SERS Detection
Questions about the workshop?
Carrie Kouadio, Program Coordinator, CNST, email@example.com
Irfan Ahmad, Executive Director, CNST, and Organizing Committee Co-Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Center for Nanoscale Science and Technology (CNST)
- NSF Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship (IGERT) in Cellular and Molecular Mechanics and BioNanotechnology (CMMB)
- NIH/NCI Midwest Cancer Nanotechnology Training Center (M-CNTC)
- Emergent Behaviors of Integrated Cellular Systems (EBICS)
- Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
- Coordinated Science Laboratory (CSL)
- Carl R. Woese Institute for Genomic Biology (IGB)
- Department of Bioengineering (BIOE)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory (MNTL)
- nanoBIO Node
- nano@illinois Research Experiences for Teachers (RET)
- nano@illinois Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU)
- Nanoscale Science and Technology Resources for Community Teaching (NanoSTRuCT)
- National Center for Supercomputing Applications (NCSA)
- Irfan Ahmad, CNST/Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Co-Chair
- Brian Cunningham, Bioengineering; Electrical and Computer Engineering, Co-Chair
- Rashid Bashir, Bioengineering; Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Can Bayram, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- J. Gary Eden, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Kris Killian, Materials Science and Engineering
- Carrie Kouadio, CNST/Emergent Behaviors of Integrated Cellular Systems
- Greg Pluta, Micro and Nanotechnology Lab
- Andrew Smith, Bioengineering
- Nahil Sobh, nano BIONode
- Arend van der Zande, Mechanical Science and Engineering